- This event has passed.
Safety And Respect Project – Consultation Workshop
September 20, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Inner East Faith Leaders Unite for Safety And Respect Project – Consultation Workshop
Date: 20 September 2018 (Thursday)
Time: 6pm – 8pm
Venue: Manningham Civic Centre, 699 Doncaster Road DONCASTER VIC 3108
2 HOUR WORKSHOP NOT TRAINING
An opportunity for faith representatives/leaders to discuss the Inner East Faith Leaders Preventing Violence against Women Forum planned for 2019.
The project is utilising a respectful and consultative approach and as such, it’s vital we have opportunity to consult with Inner East faith settings around topics /
suggested speakers they would like to have included in the Inner East Faith Leaders Unite for Respect Forum 2019.
Questions to consider/discuss with your own faith leaders could be –
– Does our faith congregation accept family violence is an issue in the community?
– Do we know what services are available to support a person?
– Do our individual faiths promote messages respectful relationships/gender equity, if not what can we do around including information in our sermons, programs, newsletters, youth groups etc?
– What enablers (to progress) do we have, existing practice?
– What topics/speakers would we find useful for the Forum in May
– Do we need Anissa to meet with our faith leaders to assist us with engagement on the project?
Should you have any queries, please contact Anissa at (03) 9840 9330 or email email@example.com.
Together we can prevent violence in our community, strengthening families, supporting women and children to be safe in their homes, provide referrals to services who can help men who are violent and as a faith setting, promote that any type of violence to anyone is not acceptable.